Everyone’s always looking for easy and fun icebreakers. Here’s one I like to use when I want group members to discover something new about their coworkers. It’s called Two Truths and a Lie.
- Ask everyone to think of 3 little-known facts about themselves. Two of them should be true and one a lie.
- During the course of introductions I ask people to share their three “facts.”
- To add a touch of competition, I ask the rest of the group to guess which one of the facts is a lie.
- After everyone has recorded his or her guess, the liar reveals the truth.
- At the end, we tally up the number of correct guesses and declare the winner.
The best part of this activity is when long-time co-workers find new and interesting connections they have.
This activity is easy, low-risk, and fun. Give it a try.
Image credit: Official GDC.