The soft stuff matters
So many times leaders try to separate the people issues from the business issues. One lesson I’ve learned many times over my career is that the two are intertwined.
In order to get the results you want, you need to get the people stuff right. Are any of these questions keeping you awake at night?
- How do I deal with one of my executives who isn’t supporting the group’s decisions?
- How do I get two departments to work more effectively together?
- What do I do with the people who aren’t being decent team players?
- How do I raise the level of candor within the company?
- How do I get people to learn to work through their conflicts in a more productive way?
- How do I raise the level of employee engagement?
- How do I get everyone aligned on the same goals?
The questions go on and on.
In my advisory role, I work hard to understand your organization so that I can provide advice that makes sense. Mostly I work to be someone you trust so that you have someone from the outside you can discuss these issues with in a way you can’t with other members of your staff. I can serve as a sounding board. I also am comfortable delivering honest feedback.