The most common challenge teams run into is in dealing with conflict among members. There are many tools and techniques that help. Before I pull out any of my tried and true processes, I go back to principles and values. Nobody does a better job of reminding me of these than Mohandas Gandhi. Here is just a small fraction of the wisdom he shared with the world.
- Action expresses priorities.
- An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
- Be the change that you want to see in the world.
- Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
- Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress.
- Nearly everything you do is of no importance, but it is important that you do it.
- The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
- To believe in something, and not to live it, is dishonest.
Which ideal do you want to model in your life?